Orlan, Hybrid Body
25 Février 2011 , Rédigé par leblogducorps.over-blog.com
ORLAN: A Hybrid Body of Artworks is an in-depth academic account of ORLAN's pioneering art in its entirety. The book covers her career in performance and a range of other art forms. This single accessible overview of ORLAN's practices describes and analyses her various innovative uses of the body as artistic material.
Edited by Simon Donger with Simon Shepherd and ORLAN herself, the collection highlights her artistic impact from the perspectives of both performance and visual cultures.
The book features:
- vintage texts by ORLAN and on ORLAN's work, including manifestos, key writings and critical studies
- ten new contributions, responses and interviews by leading international specialists on performance and visual arts
- over fifty images demonstrating ORLAN's art, with thirty full colour pictures
- a new essay by ORLAN, written specially for this volume
- a new bibliography of writing on ORLAN
- an indexed listing of ORLAN's artworks and key themes.
Table of Contents
Preface 1: Restless Corporealities - Simon Donger
Preface 2: The Matter of ORLAN - Simon Shepherd
The Triumph of the Folds - Christine Buci-Glucksmann
1 SEMINAL ARCHIVES
2 OPEN BODIES
3 HYBRID BODIES
4 CURRENT DIALOGUES
Abonnez-vous pour être averti des nouveaux articles publiés.